The Latest in Kitchen Fire Prevention – What You Need to Know
More fires start in the kitchen than in any other room. These fires can be expensive; since even a minor incident, with no injuries, can result in significant damage. That’s why it’s important to keep up with the latest in fire prevention.
|The most recent research tells us: |
– Never leave cooking food unattended. Doing so is the number one cause of kitchen fires.
– Make sure cooking appliances, especially deep fryers, are safety certified by the appropriate government agency.
– When using oil in a frying pan, always heat slowly at no more than a medium heat setting.
– Always turn off stove burners and other cooking appliances immediately after cooking.
– Never attempt to put out a grease fire with water. Use baking soda or a fire extinguisher.
– Never remove or cover up a smoke detector due to nuisance alarms. The one alarm that isn’t a nuisance may save your life.
– Finally, experts say that if you can’t put out a fire immediately, get everyone out of the home and call emergency services.
Contact Stephanie to connect you with a Home Inspector in the Hamilon-Burlington Area that can help you make your home safer.